Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

View Poll Results: What timelimit is best for CO maps?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • 12 minutes (current)

7 25.00%
  • 15 minutes

15 53.57%
  • 18 minutes

7 25.00%
  • 20 minutes

5 17.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Extending Combat Games

Well Ive been thinking about how short the combat games are and i was wondering what you guys think about extending them to say 15-18 minutes something like that.Just want to hear what you guys think.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Extending Combat Games

I have added a poll which is multiple choice. Select any of the times you would be happy with, and please feel free to share other ideas for times.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm split between 15 minutes and 12 minutes. Anything longer is too much. I'm tempted to say try 15 minutes, because marines need time to get their higher tech in order to counter Lerks and Fades, which come very early for the aliens and often dominate marines until it's too late to make a comeback. Also, Onoses very rarely see any play.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see anything more than 15 minutes as too long, but I've had a "whatever" attitude to CO for some time now. I just run around and kill or die to whatever I encounter. It's just "something to do" until NS shows up. So, whatever you guys want is fine, really (as if that isn't the way it goes with most threads of this sort).

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ----paranoid----
    I'm starting to lean more towards CO than NS as it stands right now.

I don't enjoy NS all that much because the way the games are played these days......it takes a GOOD alien team to win.

I can not tell you how many times i want to just quit because people didn't scout the hive and it goes down again to another shotgun rush. Spending the whole game as a skulk/ gorge because the team needs it.......it's getting really boring TBH

18-20 minutes is fine with me......at least i get to do more than skulk for a game*LOL*
    yes, i sorta agree. I do like CO more these days. More variety (well, sometimes, I guess). I'm still down with my idea that I like CO best until I've played a few games, then I like NS best. After a few games of NS, I like CO best.
    --
    CaveDog
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else... we're all stocked up here."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CO needs a few changes and it will be perfect. I enjoy finding some pub CO server with a 60 minute limit and just blasting away for a half-hour of my life. If I hit level 10 and get bored, I just join the other team and stick with them for a bit to gain XP.

The CC just needs to go. Actually, I would prefer it be an indestructable structure that gives XP when attacked (by the aliens), but less then what it gives now.

Aliens needs to be defending the hive, not off biting the chair. I voted for 20 minutes, but I think even 15 would extend the games enough to give the marines more of a chance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've noticed an increase in seeing the map co_asterisk.

It's a nice map with some cool things and all that, but I still hate co and would rather play NS with a server of 11+ ... Which is how many we had when it switched to this map a couple times last night.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NothingMore.
    I've noticed an increase in seeing the map co_asterisk.

It's a nice map with some cool things and all that, but I still hate co and would rather play NS with a server of 11+ ... Which is how many we had when it switched to this map a couple times last night.
    Novelty. The same pattern happened when CO debuted. It will pass.

Emanon

Quote Originally Posted by TheFeniX
    If I hit level 10 and get bored, I just join the other team and stick with them for a bit to gain XP.
    Admins have thrown around the idea of getting the plug where you just keep gaining XP and getting 10+ lvls, because if you havent noticed we dont take all that serious.

CO is good for warming up before NS matches and cooling down after them. My brain gets fried after playing too many NS maps and trying to teach new players/admining them.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have raised the combat timer to 15 minutes.

I am lost, if you know where I am then please feel free to tell me.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Emanon
    Admins have thrown around the idea of getting the plug where you just keep gaining XP and getting 10+ lvls, because if you havent noticed we dont take all that serious.
    If you make a poll I would vote for this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by _Ender_
    If you make a poll I would vote for this.
    ditto.
    --
    CaveDog
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else... we're all stocked up here."