Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Custom Combat Maps?

I was wondering if anyone would like to try adding a few custom combat maps to the cycle (removing oh say...ns_bast and co_kestral? :-D). I've found a few that I've really liked that are much more creative than the current ones. I'd like to try out one or two of them on the server just because they seem to give more of a point to combat games than right now.

Respond with your opinions or questions
    If your name happens to be Wyzcrak respond with your opinions and questions along with the chance of this being a feasible goal.
    -Zephyr

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Custom Combat Maps?

Traditionally, custom maps are available only on member servers, not public servers. As a show of support and thanks to Yellow-Asterisk, I've made an exception with co_asterisk, which is much enjoyed when its on the server.

I'm not ruling out the possibility of other custom maps on the server in the future, but I plan to never exceed one custom CO map available on the server at any given time.

Additional custom maps are one of multiple enhancements that would be available to us on a private server but will not be made available on our public server.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Emanon

Do we play CO enough to warrent them?

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Emanon
    Do we play CO enough to warrent them?
    I would enjoy custom CO maps without needing to play CO more to justify it, I think. It's something I look forward to playing with if we ever have enough members to support the regular use of a private server, where we could have several custom maps.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Re: Custom Combat Maps?

Oh well...

I have some really good ones too...could we put one slot on the server for a custom co_"namehere" map? I'm just trying to give a little more attention to co maps because they are so ignored. I know the purpose of the server is ns maps but I find the combat maps we play inbetween to be...dull and repetative. I want to include a random custom map because it gives us a chance to experience something new. I mean we could apply this for ns maps also but its very very rare you find one balanced enough.
    With the votemap command on the server you could just skip over it...

Dont you want to at least occasionally, if your up for it, experience something new?

-Zephyr

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr
    Dont you want to at least occasionally, if your up for it, experience something new?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyzcrak
    I'm not ruling out the possibility of other custom maps on the server in the future, but I plan to never exceed one custom CO map available on the server at any given time.
    Feel free to recommend custom maps for the future, be it on the public server or on the private server, should we one day stand one up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't mind having custom CO maps as long as it isnt a ton of them. Say, 2 or 3? It would add some more variety, at the least. CO is very boring after a while.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lately I've been messing around on custom map servers and have run into some pretty........interesting......maps. Marine vs. marine can get pretty aggrivating.

ImWithStupid

Quote Originally Posted by Le3z0r
    Lately I've been messing around on custom map servers and have run into some pretty........interesting......maps. Marine vs. marine can get pretty aggrivating.
    Get resupply first - that'll keep you alive a bit longer in the beginning (more so than anything else). Then Weap 1 -> shotty -> hmg -> weap2 -> weap3 -> catapacks -> whatever else you want. No other build will get you as many kills as this.

HMG is the pwn in MvM - bar none. I usually go for HA after that.