Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ns_lost back in rotation

I've put ns_lost back into rotation due to Cheesy's "Bug Fixes" plugin release.

http://www.modns.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=659

Let me know if you experience any problems.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: ns_lost back in rotation

The clients of half the people in a 7v7 on ns_lost just now crashed. I've removed ns_lost from the rotation pending Cheesy's response.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyzcrak
    The clients of half the people in a 7v7 on ns_lost just now crashed. I've removed ns_lost from the rotation pending Cheesy's response.

i wish we actually heard stuff from the devs, maybe even a new patch :\

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ----paranoid----
    They made the mistakes of pre announcing updates before. I think/ hope that they have learned the lesson and say nothing until the next patch is released.

As much as i hate the NEW NS, waiting for a date that might not happen would annoy me even more!

Take HL2, you know HALF-LIFE 2, the famous vapour-ware like TFC2

Making dates and not filling them is one thing, not even talking to the public, not showing the fact that the devs are still alive.. thats what pisses me off, hell he could rave about the new alienware box he just got as long as there is progress made in NS.
    Im sure that they agree that NS has gone a far way from 1.0, but it still has bugs to fix, and i'd like to hear that they are working on that.
    I mean, what about the screenies for ecplise in b5? (are we ever going to get out of beta?) the ones w/o the moving doors from 1.04.. well the maps done but wheres the patch?
    sorry to make it look like im yelling at you paranoid, it just gets me mad when i play a game and the devs arent even around for months to comment on the newest things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just because you don't see anything happening doesn't mean the game hasn't been worked on. A real fix for PSHB bug is done, along with several other things (hltv supposedly is fully functional now). ns_bast was balanced (gg marine start isn't a deathtrap for early game marines or endgame aliens anymore), and eclipse was altered again (bye bye crappy lerk/fade/onos deathtrap doors).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's too bad they've mostly stopped the new features and decided to fix bugs and push it out the door, but hopefully with Steam compatability and some new devs there won't be such a long time gap before the next release.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zek
    It's too bad they've mostly stopped the new features and decided to fix bugs and push it out the door, but hopefully with Steam compatability and some new devs there won't be such a long time gap before the next release.
    That's the idea of a beta, though... fix the hairy stuff. Anything new should be in direct response to some horrid game issue, and nothing more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zek
    Generally at this stage in a beta cycle, you don't add new features. Fixing bugs is what really should be going on one year (about) into a beta test, don't you think?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ----paranoid----
    they so posted that after i made my post.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAdj`
    Just because you don't see anything happening doesn't mean the game hasn't been worked on. A real fix for PSHB bug is done, along with several other things (hltv supposedly is fully functional now). ns_bast was balanced (gg marine start isn't a deathtrap for early game marines or endgame aliens anymore), and eclipse was altered again (bye bye crappy lerk/fade/onos deathtrap doors).
    I just want more updates, and to see where everything is moving along with. I really think that one of the major things that makes me mad about NS is that there are times when the devs go away and you dont hear from the for a while (in this case, it seems to be three months)
    it seems if i bitch enough, stuff happens....hmmmmmmmm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like that map

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With help, I have finally fixed the plugin that fixes ns_lost. Admins, please host a large game on ns_lost at some point on Wednesday. For now the map is on the server but not in rotation. Once I get confirmation that at least one large game was played on the map without error, I'll add the map back into rotation.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyzcrak
    Once I get confirmation that at least one large game was played on the map without error, I'll add the map back into rotation.
    We had a very active 7v7 tonight on ns_lost with no problems whatsoever. I have added ns_lost back into the rotation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad we got that back in there.. It is a good map...