Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Thread: temp admin

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

temp admin

I believe I have re-implemented the temp admin's ability to kick players. Someone please test and confirm this in this thread.

Also, if there's anything else that players would like to see temp admins be able to do, feel free to comment here (understanding, of course, that admins decide what gets implemented).

I already know about amx_random, which I'll be giving temp admins access to soon.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: temp admin

Interesting that you've just asked for that, as I just got done doing the following:

I've added the 'amx_tt' command to the temp admin command list. This allows you to send a tooltip which begins with your player name to all players on the server. This will be removed from the command list if it is abused.

Also, temp admins are now able to see text sent to admins by other players (using team_say @). Temp admins still don't have a way (and will not have a way) to address other players privately, but at least now they can be alerted to problems by players wishing to report them.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, we can decide together. If the temp admins (ala the members) want commands, they can ask for them. If the admins agree with the request, I have the skills to add it to temp admins.

I am lost, if you know where I am then please feel free to tell me.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

random teams - amx_mrandom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Samething happned to me yesterday.. sort of..

There was only 4 of us on, so I asked the players if they minded if I added a bunch of bots, they didnt care so I added a crap load of bots (7 or 8 IIRC). The auto map vote came up, everybody voted no, but it won by 2 votes so the map changed to the same map we were playing. I tried to do a votemap but it needed 8 players to change the map.

We ended up playing the same damn map 5 times in a row..

edit> I would also like a list of temp admin commands.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Until I have time to compile a list (which is still dynamic), amx_help will show you everything you have access to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

did you just add a lot of those commands to the help list? I dont remember some of those from yesterday..

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please PM me a list of commands you have access to so I can make sure things are setup properly. If you use amx_help to display all of the commands (amx_help 11 ; amx_help 21 ; etc), you can use the console command "condump" to write your console to a text file, which you can use to author the PM.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've changed the temp admin manager to choose the temp admin for a team using the following logic:

1) SMs who have PMed me explicitly saying they will use temp admin to make the server a better place to play

if no such SM can be found on the team, then

2) SM with the highest number of points.

The idea is to get temp admin into the hands of people who are eager to use it (responsibly, of course). Otherwise, give it to the player who has the most cumulative play time (no, points isn't a perfect representation of play time, but it's better than random).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speaking of commands, what's this 'whois' thing I saw yesterday?

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The tooltip you see after a player joins (which has the word "whois" in it) is automatic and just about out of beta testing. I've seen it give bad data a couple of times, but I'm unable to reproduce that in test. If it continues, I think it's going to be very rare.

The 'whois' console command is usable by everyone and shows three things about a player:

1) playername (everyone has one)
    2) forum name (registered players have one)
    3) admin name (full admins can manually -- and permanently -- assign this to a person if he changes names a lot)

whois wyz
    whois pok
    whois squ

You get the idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there a reason why this is implemented as a tooltip instead of (as before) as part of the join message? It's quite distracting when it drops down on the right-hand-side like that...
    Cool! Personalized plates! Barclay, Barry, Bert, Bort...come on...Bort?

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use server CVARs to manage player identities, and testing showed me that changing the CVAR values often takes longer than the fraction-of-a-second timing that's involved with displaying the tagline as a player connects. The result was inaccurate identity information.

I've found that, by moving it to the tooltip, three things happen:

1) shorter taglines (minor, but good)
    2) more accurate information
    2) people are more likely to notice it (there's no value in information if it's not absorbed)