Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Thread: DC Map Review

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DC Map Review

I would like to get the review committee together to review a map. The map we are going to review seems to be popular with the kids today. Here is some information from Fileplanet/Gamespy:

Based on the recent gulf war, this map has the comlete scenario.
    Kuwait armor/Air assualt, Northern 173rd airborne drop, Western Iraq scuds, Saddam International airport, Baghdad with the largest tunnel system to date in any DC map. My map has many landmarks and objest that pertain to the region. Terrain and scenery matches closely to Iraqi terrain.

The most realistic and comprehensive, operation Iraqi Freedom (2003) map to date.
    I have not personally played the map so we need to make sure it fits the TG community.

Assuming it can be done, I am going to request that Apo make it available on the DC server. Please let me know of a few dates and times when the committee members can get together to review this map.

BTW, it's not to late for paying members to join the committee. Just let me know if you want to join.

Here is a link to download the map:

http://www.fileplanet.com/download.aspx?f=140841

Yes it is a Fileplanet link. I figured it was the easiest place to go. Plus, if you click on the link from the Desert Combat site, it takes you to Fileplanet anyway.

[volun]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: DC Map Review

This one looks good! I'd like to see it on the server. There should be quite a few people that have already downloaded it, as well, since it was featured on the Desert Combat website...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apo PM'd me last night and it is on the server. It is also selected as part of the rotation.

Cing,

Any ideas on when you are available so we can test?

[volun]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heh... August 21st-ish... :-(

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just ran the Gulf War 2 level on my system, and it is BIG BIG BIG. I looked good from the air, as I was in an Apache in order to get around faster. The static mini map is awesome with the actual map of Iraq and Kuwait. It is a bit choppy, but it is managable. Good setup who ever did it. Only thing is, it is a map that needs lots of players. It would be very hard to play with only 2-5 players. But with 20-30........well......... it would be a level to be played over and over. No two would be the same. Thumbs up for me.
    Find it, Sight it, Shoot it! :icon24: