Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

I am lost, if you know where I am then please feel free to tell me.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no "Attack" animation.

Has anybody found a solution to this problem yet? Do the creators of this super awesome (/sarcasm) mod even know its a problem or dont they even bother to play their own game?

sorry for the frustrating tone, but I just left a game where I got leap for the first level yet couldnt use it because I didnt have an animation for it... nothing beats switching to leap to leap at a marine only to die because you dont have the leaping animation..

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: no "Attack" animation.

I've had this problem with both stock guns as well as bite, but never with slots two through four. It is annoying.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get that leap BS all the time. Your adrenaline goes down, but do you move? No. Its even happened where your knife or welder is out of ammo, but still do damage. You have to wonder if the makers play this mod or maybe they're Counter-Strike fans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a known bug in listed in Mantis. It's being worked on. About 15 bugs have been fixed this week alone by voogru, he's been busy fixing stuff in order of both severity and length in the tracker (egg hp issues are fixed, along with regen overflowing from health to armor).

Edit - Don't bash the developers simply because YOU don't see any work being done. A quick glance at the Bug Tracker (Mantis) reveals that massive amounts of work has been done in the past week and a half. I expect within 6 weeks most of the bugs in NS will be gone do to voogru and elven_theif's work. Be appreciative and constructive, not ignorant and working off of assumptions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheAdj`
    It's a known bug in listed in Mantis. It's being worked on. About 15 bugs have been fixed this week alone by voogru, he's been busy fixing stuff in order of both severity and length in the tracker (egg hp issues are fixed, along with regen overflowing from health to armor).

Edit - Don't bash the developers simply because YOU don't see any work being done. A quick glance at the Bug Tracker (Mantis) reveals that massive amounts of work has been done in the past week and a half. I expect within 6 weeks most of the bugs in NS will be gone do to voogru and elven_theif's work.
    Right. I will say, as a developer myself, it is a hard problem. The users don't generally see improvements until you deliver, and then the expectations are so high that they are not satisfied.

It is nice to see some work being done. But, that doesn't exactly excuse the past non-resposiveness that has characterized ns development of late. It is very detrimental to just leave a community to their own devices, when your community is based on a mod that has bugs and people could switch to something else at any moment. Just not smart. But whatever, I guess, they have lives, we have lives.

Be appreciative and constructive, not ignorant and working off of assumptions.
    Phrases like that really cause people to forget what you just said and argue. My challange to you is to state your opionion, and leave out the flaming portion of the comment. If fact, that is my challange to both myself and to the entire group.
    --
    CaveDog
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else... we're all stocked up here."

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adj's points are too often mired in his own choice of poor words. It's a shame, because he sometimes has very good points, as is evident in his most recent post in this thread. He's not the first person at TG to chronically suffer from this handicap, and he won't be the last. Moving on...

I can relate to what Cavedog is saying, sharing his profession. My experience tells me that communication is the key. I've worked in environments where I was allowed little to no interaction with the target user and I've worked in environments where I was allowed extensive and regular interaction with the user. Far and away, the application developed during collaboration with the end user is always perceived by that end user as more acceptable than an application developed without that collaboration. Perception is everything, and people just feel better about something like this if they feel their input helped shape it (regardless, sometimes, of whether or not it really did).

Yes, there will always be improvements to be had when it comes to the fairness of how players perceive the efforts of the developers. But it's only fair to observe that the developers of this mod are a little green when it comes to user relations. Whether it's Flayra's distant "I'm moving" excuses for several consecutive weeks of complete silence in an age where every corner metropolitan Exxon has an Internet kiosk, or Voogru's recent overboard tone in his recent otherwise-unnoteworthy bug fix announcement, it would seem that their PR skills (as a group) aren't yet as powerful as their development skills. What the hell do I know, but it seems that lvl3 PR upgrades would be helpful as Flayra & Co. take their development talents into a new business. Something tells me that, in time, they'll improve. They all just seem too bright not to.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Emanon

Everyone is complaining that they have no updates from the NS Devs. Well, there has been to anyone who really cares.

Click on this
    Username guest
    Password guest
    http://www.natural-selection.org/bt/login_page.php

Now you can look at what they have fixed and what they are working on.

Have fun its long!

Emanon

PS- Voogru is kicking ass!

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's the second time that URL has been given in this forum in a week. I'll sticky a thread with that URL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wasn't complianing, I was just saying. I apologize for calling the Natural-Selection Developers Counter-Strike fans, it was below the belt.
    Last edited by HairyNevus; 07-12-2004 at 02:28 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyzcrak
    Adj's points are too often mired in his own choice of poor words. It's a shame, because he sometimes has very good points, as is evident in his most recent post in this thread.
    My word choice is pretty deliberate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ehm... well it could just be me but...:

When I'm on marines, knife and pistol occasionally won't play an animation or produce sound, but they *do* fire/attack and they *do* damage.

When I'm on aliens and blink or leap do not work, I just aim higher and be very sure to press crouchjump (which I always do, but it never hurts to check when things aren't going the way they should). I had the no animation problem yesterday as a skulk, but I just aimed up alot higher than normal and I leaped fine. I know you may think "Man, that's not what we're talking about now!" but it is, the animations weren't playing and those solutions worked for me :/.