Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I am lost, if you know where I am then please feel free to tell me.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the war on drugs

How do you feel about this war on drugs? Is it working? Is it pointless? What are your oppinions about drugs?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Re: the war on drugs

I saw a T.V. show on the war on drugs (its name I cannot mention) that basically outlined how pointless it was. However, the effects of certain drugs have made me unable to remember the facts. Here's a website though. My opinions on drugs...marijuana is not a drug. However drugs like meth, cociane, herion etc. should remain illegal.

You've probably heard about people wanting to legalize pot and thought they were all junkies, but there's some good reasons. If the US legalized pot, but had the FDA or whatever make some guidelines for its sale and distribution, it could turn into one of our biggest businesses. First of all, rather than kids buying it in an unsafe backalley and possibly have it laced with PCP, you would be buying it at a bar with people around in a safe environment. Second, if there was a legal age in sight, less kids would do it while younger. Treat it like booze, 21 the legal age, can't drive on it, no sales on Sunday. But unlike booze, you can't smoke yourself to death and rather than becoming a raging ******* after doing it, you'd be more calm. And unlike tobacco, have the FDA put down restrictions so it can only be all-natural. Maybe US could put some taxes on it so they'd get the money. Not to mention the nerds on Wall Street would probably want to invest in the businesses (and smoke some thier self...uptight losers). Isn't that what Bush wants? More investments, more businesses to hire people. This is a capitalism right? Don't you think weed could become very competitive? All you naysayers who say its dangerous please view this. It also has medicinal uses to calm the nauseating effects of chemo therepy, helps gluacoma, and its good for arthritis, too. Not to mention that once its legal we wont be wasting millions of dollars to stop it.

Most drugs are bad, but weed got thrown on the wrong side of the spectrum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: the war on drugs

where i agree that weed should be legal it is alot more harmful than ciggaretts and alcohol in my opinion. alcohol is bad and yes it can be dangerous but the amount of alcohol you need to consume before it turns you into the ragging idiot or knocks you out is alot. the amount of weed you need to make you soo lathargic you cant think is alot less.

also studies have shown that canabis abuse can actually leave you with a chemical inbalance in your brain caused by your natural hormone dopemine that calms you down to get too high, making you very tired alot and also act very stupid even though you are not on the drug although i stress the word abuse, you need to snoke alot for it to do that

it will not stop kids smoking it, i smoked cigaretts when i was 13 -14 who didnt, and they have a legal age, i also drank way way before the legal age limit, it will on the other hand allow your chilldren to smoke the real stuff not as he says stuff laced with other more harmful drugs. i know its still wrong but lets face it if they are going to smoke weed where would you want it to be a government controlled substance or some crack dealer who smuggled it in up his anus.

there is the worry however as there always will be in society of teenagers rebelling, today it means they try weed and feel all grown up, but when it is legal will it offer the same double barrled buzz, 1 that its illeagle and 2 the buzz from the weed? liklyhood no it wont, therefore what will be next? crack, heroin, or glue?

there are some very real and potentially dangerous social repercustions of doing this and they must be thorughly worked out first, i agree it could be made legal but without some real discussions and solutions to the potential faliure that it will work being discussed i remain distant from the idea.

as for the war in general, its not working, its like any organised crime, the more you hurt the current "top dog" the more powerful his replacement becomes.

i hear the police saying that they ae arresting dealers everyday, all well and good but dealers are not the smugglers they are druggies themselves, and plenty more can be recriuted.

the actual importers the guys at the top are vulnerable and if they get smashed all well and good but at the moment there is too much capital to be made so it is too tempting for others to have a go.

i dont think the drug war is working much at all.

www.TeamElement.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never known weed make you 'not think' - that's the point of it. I was once a habitual smoker of the stuff. Would go anywhere between 10-15 joints a dat of Skunk, which is the strongest weed you can get. I was never unable to think, in fact it made me think quite a lot. It can also be used to provide fuel, paper, rope, shoes, etc - it's pretty versatile stuff.

Apparently the police did a study and found cannabis users less likely to have an accident when driving than straight drivers. I'll need to get the source of this though as it's something my brother was telling me.

Cannabis users of course are far less harmful than drunks, who cause untold amounts of damage in brawls, deaths by drunk driving, home abuse, etc.

As for the war on drugs, it's for show. It isn't effective at all. Afghanistan, when controlled by the taliban, had pretty much ended opium growth. Now though it's opium exports are flourishing so more heroine will be hitting our shores this year.

As for harder drugs I'm not bothered if they're illegal or not. Personally I think it don't see why not since it's readily available anyway, but why can't it be legal if alcohol and tabacco is allowed?
    Jex.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Once weed is legal, it shouldn't get any less potent, so there's no need to legalize crack or herion (technically, glue is legal ).

Drunks are far more dangerous. You never hear a pothead up at 8am yelling at his wife, they sleep in 'till 2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently the police did a study and found cannabis users less likely to have an accident when driving than straight drivers. I'll need to get the source of this though as it's something my brother was telling me.
    this is absolute bollocks and i know this from experisnce. weed affects your concentration and it also throws off your balance. not to mention making your reaction times very very slow.

i had to deliver a pizza while high to a place i had been 20 times before. went to the wrong address twice, got lost and then found the place.

when i accelerrated on the bike there was a delay between the time i pulled back on the throttle and i actually felt the bike move, which at traffic lights made it welll dodgy.

and not to mention the fact i jumped about 3 lights because i didnt see them go red.

im sorry but i dont care who did that study it is pure bull****

www.TeamElement.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(technically, glue is legal ).
    actually no it isnt. you can be arrrested and charged for solvent abuse. the only difference is you are allowed to buy the stuff.

www.TeamElement.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jex
    I've never known weed make you 'not think' - that's the point of it. I was once a habitual smoker of the stuff. Would go anywhere between 10-15 joints a dat of Skunk, which is the strongest weed you can get. I was never unable to think, in fact it made me think quite a lot. It can also be used to provide fuel, paper, rope, shoes, etc - it's pretty versatile stuff.
    Okay, I can personally testify to this. My understanding is that many habitual smokers find that weed helps them to think and focus. I can tell you that I am not one of those people. When I have smoked any more than 1-2 hits I absolutely cease coherent brain activity. I cannot focus at *all*- my mind wanders on tangents, and I don't realize it's doing it until I've totally lost my original thought. It's like mentally playing catch-up, over and over again. Very confusing.

I could not imagine attempting to drive, nor accomplish anything whatsoever if smoking pot. I would begin something and never remember for a long enough time what the hell I'm doing in order to be productive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure in America you can't be arrested, not that I'm against it if you could.

The effects of weed vary person to person. It also depends on what kind of weed (how much seeds, stems, those red hairs in it). For more info go Here, orHere even if you've done it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=jex]Apparently the police did a study and found cannabis users less likely to have an accident when driving than straight drivers. I'll need to get the source of this though as it's something my brother was telling me.QUOTE]

That is the biggest load of Horse**** I have ever read....really....comon.
    "On My Commad, Unleash Hell"
    "And Let Slip The Dogs Of War"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HairyNevus
    I'm pretty sure in America you can't be arrested, not that I'm against it if you could.
    Perhaps there's no federal law against abusing inhalents, but I think that almost every state has a law outlawing it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a recovering drug addict/alcoholic, I'd much rather see weed legal, and alcohol illegal ... Like said above...You don't have potheads beating their wives etc. Alcohol brings about a much more dangerous mental and emotional change than pot(unlaced) ever could. I never once got in trouble smoking...it was always drinking that did it...Imagine what the gov't could do to the national debt, by taxing pot, like cigs, and using the profits thereof to pay the debt down...heh...any guess as to how long till the debt would disappear ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DOOD I can't feel my teeth!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by _Ender_
    How do you feel about this war on drugs? Is it working? Is it pointless? What are your oppinions about drugs?
    The "war on drugs" isn't working. This is not to say that we don't need to enforce our drug laws, but we've got some dumb laws on the books right now that need to go and we have and/or had some really asinine policies regarding drugs.

Like Prohibition, I believe that our "war on drugs" is causing more violence than would otherwise exist. This isn't to say that the gangsters of the 20's or the numerous criminal organizations of today are innocent, but merely that we need to step back and examine why we created a black market for some of these substances to begin with... Should they really be illegal? Does their use, in and of itself, cause harm to anyone other than the user? Are our enforcement efforts effective? If not, why? And would our enforcement efforts be more effective if our focus was on fewer illegal drugs? What would happen to our economy if some currently illegal drugs were legalized? What would happen to other nations' economies? Would criminal organizations specializing in drug trafficking be able to compete with legal trade?

I read somewhere that the major tobacco manufacturers already have trademarked names for marijuana cigarettes, but I can't find any info on this...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by =luna=
    Okay, I can personally testify to this. My understanding is that many habitual smokers find that weed helps them to think and focus. I can tell you that I am not one of those people. When I have smoked any more than 1-2 hits I absolutely cease coherent brain activity. I cannot focus at *all*- my mind wanders on tangents, and I don't realize it's doing it until I've totally lost my original thought. It's like mentally playing catch-up, over and over again. Very confusing.

I could not imagine attempting to drive, nor accomplish anything whatsoever if smoking pot. I would begin something and never remember for a long enough time what the hell I'm doing in order to be productive.

yeah i was ****ing stupiud to even try to ride by bike after i realised i was a stoner in the making. but i could not come clean otherwise i would get fired. so i did,

www.TeamElement.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast