0 Thread(s)

Re: BF2 Preview

Wow is right.....this game look dynamite

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I'll say it now: In Spring of 2005 (or whenever this is released), this will be THE game here at TG.
    If this game lives up to it's claims, it'll be unsurpassed in the gaming world. Only a HL2, FarCry, or Doom3 mod has any hope of providing any competition...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Re: BF2 Preview

WOW!! This is going to be the biggest game ever when it is released. However, it is going to be a resources pig. So if you are not maxed out on RAM, do it now, and upgrade your graphics card. I just hope the recorder in the game for movies does not slow down your framerate too much. It would be cool to record your game and review later to see how your tactics are working.
    Find it, Sight it, Shoot it! :icon24:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep, this game looks to be the best release for 2005. I am more thrilled about the audio effects of the game. Should be sweet thats for damn sure!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I look forward to running it in 320x200 with 16 colors, since that's probably all my machine will be able to muster while playing that game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tempus
    I look forward to running it in 320x200 with 16 colors, since that's probably all my machine will be able to muster while playing that game.

LOL I heard that it will be running the same engine as Joint Ops. Cool if it is, cause I know people who are on dialup and have no lag. Some of the new engines are wicked, however BF seems to be slow sometimes to get on board with them. Hopefully they are not in this case.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coldbore
    LOL I heard that it will be running the same engine as Joint Ops. Cool if it is, cause I know people who are on dialup and have no lag. Some of the new engines are wicked, however BF seems to be slow sometimes to get on board with them. Hopefully they are not in this case.
    No way. Its arguable whether the Joint Ops game engine is as advanced as the current BF game engine. Have you watched the video of BF2? It's gonna be quite a bit more advanced than JO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CingularDuality
    No way. Its arguable whether the Joint Ops game engine is as advanced as the current BF game engine. Have you watched the video of BF2? It's gonna be quite a bit more advanced than JO.
    No no no......I meant that JO uses something in their engine that alloows players to play with no lag even on a dialup connection. Graphics wise, BF2 kicks ass. They need to come up with an engine that doesn't cause as much lag when in game play. For instance, when you have a lot of aircraft flying. I have noticed that it gets choppy when you have a lot of planes flying at once.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coldbore
    No no no......I meant that JO uses something in their engine that alloows players to play with no lag even on a dialup connection. Graphics wise, BF2 kicks ass. They need to come up with an engine that doesn't cause as much lag when in game play. For instance, when you have a lot of aircraft flying. I have noticed that it gets choppy when you have a lot of planes flying at once.
    Ah, I see. But no, I haven't noticed any lag in BF... Are you sure it isn't video lag? When you're flying, your video card has to work a lot harder to display everything that you have to see...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im going to give it a much more frosty first impression, just purely because it would not be the first time we were shown pretty things and got a cheap addon (vietnam anyone)

ill wait and see, but i will not get as enthusiastic as last time because that was dissappointing.

www.TeamElement.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DudeMan
    im going to give it a much more frosty first impression, just purely because it would not be the first time we were shown pretty things and got a cheap addon (vietnam anyone)

ill wait and see, but i will not get as enthusiastic as last time because that was dissappointing.
    Very true. But all we saw with the BF:Vietnam previews were pretty things. And the game delivered those. But not much else.... It was basically a mod with better graphics.

It looks to me like BF2 is going to have some pretty serious advances...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Notice the bridge blowing up? I think BF2 is going to be more than just new graphics