Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Advice on winning hearts

Hey people. I think I met my one-and-only, but I need to win her heart. I am not really good at these things so I need yalls help. We met and my base when I was on a break. We exchanged phone+email info. If I win her heart I will need advice from my freinds (yall) and then need advice on a short term Long Distance Relationship. I know this isn't a love sight, but I would rather ask yall then my other recruits.
    If it is stupid but works, then it is not stupid.
    -Murphy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Advice on winning hearts

For the short term long distance relationship, write letters (AKA snail mail). It's very personal and you get to know a person more when you see ink writing. Or, you could exchange tape recordings. That's always a nice thing to get in the mail.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Re: Advice on winning hearts

Very nice idea, I will keep it in mind.
    If it is stupid but works, then it is not stupid.
    -Murphy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Be yourself. Do nothing different or outside of your normal character. If you change your behavior and it "works" then she'll be interested in the person you pretended to be and it will eventually fall apart.

The letter writing is a nice idea, much more personal than an email. Be sure, though, to proof read everything you write - perhaps write it in Word and spell/grammar check it first. Bad grammar and poor spelling won't leave a very good impression (i.e. if you don't care enough to spell correctly and form a complete sentence then how much do you really care?).

Also, no Emo sh!t. Don't write corny love poems (unless you're a published poet). Those things generally sound like sh!t and will only come back to haunt you later. Most people, no matter how much they'd like to believe otherwise, are barely qualified to write a grocery list. (that's not limited to poetry - it also includes fan-fiction, term papers, letters, forum posts , etc.)

Be genuine. Be yourself. If you do that and nothing works out you'll be better off. If it does work out you'll be in for a treat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

see snipers thread as well for a lot of usefull info.

for long distance, well... thats kinda hard. see, I married my LD sweetheart and we've been married for 8 years. First thing is, how long is the relationship LD? if its more than a month or so, do not stay exclusive. I know it sounds scary, but if you stay exclusive and cannot see each other, you will wind up resenting each other. do not deny her or yourself a social life. as for winning her heart.....

well, women find humor and confidence attractive above all else. even if you have nothing to be confident in, confidence is attractive. I dont mean arrogance or vanity, I mean being sure of yourself as a person. dead center between being shy and overpowering. treat her like any other person, but throwing in some subtle flirting in the mix to let her know you are interested. wait for a return before getting bolder, when she stops going further, so do you.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
    The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wickerman
    Be yourself. Do nothing different or outside of your normal character. If you change your behavior and it "works" then she'll be interested in the person you pretended to be and it will eventually fall apart.

The letter writing is a nice idea, much more personal than an email. Be sure, though, to proof read everything you write - perhaps write it in Word and spell/grammar check it first. Bad grammar and poor spelling won't leave a very good impression (i.e. if you don't care enough to spell correctly and form a complete sentence then how much do you really care?).

Also, no Emo sh!t. Don't write corny love poems (unless you're a published poet). Those things generally sound like sh!t and will only come back to haunt you later. Most people, no matter how much they'd like to believe otherwise, are barely qualified to write a grocery list. (that's not limited to poetry - it also includes fan-fiction, term papers, letters, forum posts , etc.)

Be genuine. Be yourself. If you do that and nothing works out you'll be better off. If it does work out you'll be in for a treat.
    I agree with wickerman. Just be yourself. If it happens, it happens. If it doesn't, then you two weren't meant to be.

[volun]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only advice I can offer is this....never take relationship advise from someone who has an ex-wife and lots of ex-girlfriends....So, I'll shut up now.

Good luck man, be yourself and not the person you think she wants you to be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could do help with too, I know a few girls interested in me but I can't make the final step to the one I want. In the past they have got fed up of trying with me and me not producing the 'clinical finish'

I think I need to be more confident to convert the fling into a serious relationship. Why can't women be easy to understand?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because then they'd be men.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rampage
    Because then they'd be men.

I almost cried when I saw this......
    I do what I can.

cpgf: (n.) Acronym describing a significant other who has not yet acheived full spousal status and is in possession of a cable modem; of note because at YOUR house, you still have dial-up -- and crappy dialup at that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Howdy guys i could use some advice too. I am falling for one of my best friends (sucks i know) and well she just sees me as a friend. Any ideas??
    RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
    TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
    "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
    "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RGM-79N_GM_CUstom
    Howdy guys i could use some advice too. I am falling for one of my best friends (sucks i know) and well she just sees me as a friend. Any ideas??
    I fell in love with my best friend. We've been married for ten years now... Same advice applies: be yourself. If she's your best friend, tell her how you feel. If she still wants to be "just" best friends, then learn to live with it and don't let it change the fact that she's such a close friend. If she's truly a good friend, then you've got nothing to lose by letting her know how you feel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by patorean
    The only advice I can offer is this....never take relationship advise from someone who has an ex-wife and lots of ex-girlfriends...
    LMFAO, too true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks IceCold. Like I have been thinking about just like leaving her alone for a bit to like well forget about her because i have bad luck with women and I am not willing to take the heartbreak my last one was really bad. But it didn't seem like the right thing to do because life is hard for her and well i help her out alot.
    RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
    TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
    "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
    "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Girl friend / lover conundrum is very difficult and I'm sure we've all been there. I have once but didn't dare push it even though I really wanted to and now she is not around at all, so my advice would be GO FOR IT.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast