Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Steam being down today

There has been an external network event causing some pretty bad network problems for Valve today. The source is not clear at this time, however it is external to Valve's network. It's being worked on with our outside connectivity people to fix/shut down the problem.

Sorry for the inconvenience of it all. We'd love to flip a switch and fix it, but like I said, it's coming from the outside.
    http://steampowered.com/forums/showt...hreadid=110094
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Steam being down today

I wonder if this is the same problem Google was having today with the virus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Steam being down today

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie
    I wonder if this is the same problem Google was having today with the virus.
    Geesh, I never realized just how dependent I had become on the power of Google... I don't bookmark anything, anymore, I just Google it when I need it. Today I couldn't find any of the websites for any of the judicial databases I needed. Yahoo was broke. AltaVista was burnt. Lycos sucked. I remembered hearing about the Google-killer about a year or so back, called Teoma. It wasn't nearly as nice as Google, but at least it worked...

Oh, and to stay on topic: What's the difference between today and any other random day for Steam users? Valve gets to point the finger at someone else for a change?