User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The wit and wisdom of John Kerry

Fans of Bush's inability to speak will surely enjoy this:

I think there should be less violence and less sex. And when I talked about the heart and soul, I'm talking about the artistic expression. I'm talking about sort of the, I mean, I believe in the arts. I think that there's a great expression in it, and there's always this struggle. You know, does life imitate art or art imitate life? Which comes first? It's a little of both.

-John F. Kerry explaining culture to Peter Jennings, sort of, maybe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: The wit and wisdom of John Kerry

Neither one of them can speak worth a crap in public. You'd think that would be a requirement for the office.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wickerman
    Neither one of them can speak worth a crap in public. You'd think that would be a requirement for the office.
    That is a requirement for those that are more interested in presentation rather than substance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So what's the substance of the above do you suppose? Elect me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Many of our Presidents were not good public speakers. That's what they made the position of the Press Secretary for

The only requirements I have is a love for the country and it's people, a vision of where we should go, a plan to get us there, and a heart to not hurt people along the way. Unfortunately, we rarely get those people as candidates.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know, Leejo is gonna kick me for saying this. I was listening this morning to some snippets from the Democratic Convention and heard part of Clinton's speech. Damn, that man is an excellent public speaker. I was impressed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fait_Maker
    Many of our Presidents were not good public speakers. That's what they made the position of the Press Secretary for

The only requirements I have is a love for the country and it's people, a vision of where we should go, a plan to get us there, and a heart to not hurt people along the way. Unfortunately, we rarely get those people as candidates.

you know i think that is the idealogical difference between British politics and american politics. whils Tony blair is briefed on the sorts of questioons he will be asked during a weekly meeting called Prime ministers question time. he does not have a script, he has figures from his government and such and for about 3 hours every week he answers completly random questions posed by the oposition.

if he could not perform well in this there is pretty much no way he will win an election. the British Public always look for strong leadership from the guy at the top. they look for a man who knows his stuff as well as being able to rally his Mp's

it seems american politics is more about the machine, the guy in the head slot is only person to identify the party with and not the the person the party identifies with.

strange.

there has been a few of kerrys and bush speeches i have laughed at, and most annoying about Bush which isnt a trait of Kerrys is all the religious junk he adds with his stuff.

www.TeamElement.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by =luna=
    You know, Leejo is gonna kick me for saying this. I was listening this morning to some snippets from the Democratic Convention and heard part of Clinton's speech. Damn, that man is an excellent public speaker. I was impressed.

well hehas always been great at seducing the ladies

www.TeamElement.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by =luna=
    And did you see the speech by Obama? Hell, I'd vote for that guy. Very intelligent and articulate. So, naturally he's going nowhere in US politics.

I wish we would do something like the Brits. I'll vote for W, but man I wish someone would take him aside and tell him he needs to have more press conferences and tell us what is going on. Give him a few pointers on public speaking. All policy arguments aside he's not winning any friends with his charming demeanor.
    New to TG? Start here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by USN_Squid
    And did you see the speech by Obama? Hell, I'd vote for that guy. Very intelligent and articulate. So, naturally he's going nowhere in US politics.

I wish we would do something like the Brits. I'll vote for W, but man I wish someone would take him aside and tell him he needs to have more press conferences and tell us what is going on. Give him a few pointers on public speaking. All policy arguments aside he's not winning any friends with his charming demeanor.
    Yes, yes, yes! I could've written this post... Except I think Bush is going to handily win this election, so I'm voting for a third party this time...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CingularDuality
    Yes, yes, yes! I could've written this post... Except I think Bush is going to handily win this election, so I'm voting for a third party this time...

tactical voting like this, why bother, it is a wasted vote, it will not result in any power shift, so why bother?

i mean that as a serious question many people here tactically vote for some green energy saving everyone has to cycle to work party for no reason at all.

why do it?

www.TeamElement.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DudeMan
    tactical voting like this, why bother, it is a wasted vote, it will not result in any power shift, so why bother?

i mean that as a serious question many people here tactically vote for some green energy saving everyone has to cycle to work party for no reason at all.

why do it?
    Because over here there are only two political parties that can elect a candidate for President. I want that to change.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because over here there are only two political parties that can elect a candidate for President. I want that to change.
    I want a "None of the Above" option. Make the candidates beat that too, truly give the people a voice.

that is a requirement for those that are more interested in presentation rather than substance.
    What if your presentation is so poor that I can't get to the substance? I'm not saying they have to be perfect, but it's like some of the posts on this forum. I've actually stopped reading most posts by a few people because they're generally written so poorly that I can't understand what they're trying to say. If it's not worth your time to attempt to communicate your position it's not worth my time to read/listen to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want a "None of the Above" option. Make the candidates beat that too, truly give the people a voice.
    I've thought about this, but what do we do when NOTA wins? Keep the incumbent?

What if your presentation is so poor that I can't get to the substance? I'm not saying they have to be perfect, but it's like some of the posts on this forum. I've actually stopped reading most posts by a few people because they're generally written so poorly that I can't understand what they're trying to say. If it's not worth your time to attempt to communicate your position it's not worth my time to read/listen to it.
    And this is so very true. Fortunately for presidential candidates, there are campaign managers and speech writers. But in the forums, just like with the candidates, I still try to decipher their meaning occasionally (when I think they're on to something)...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've thought about this, but what do we do when NOTA wins? Keep the incumbent?
    All parties would be required to present alternate candidates (or keep the same ones) and revote within a specificed period of time. Remove the NOTA from the second voting. Or something like that - perhaps move the election back a bit to allow time to campaign. Perhaps . I know this brings up more issues to solve but it DOES allow people to have a better voice and I think it would bring more people out. If NOTA got added you could even require voting and fine those who don't.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast