Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another fan of Farenheit 911

Michael Moore's anti-Bush documentary "Fahrenheit 9/11" got a prime time airing on Cuban state-run television Thursday.

I guess we can add Fidel to the list of fans:
    Red China
    Hezbollah
    Kim Jong Il
    Fidel Castro
    New to TG? Start here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Another fan of Farenheit 911

Quote Originally Posted by USN_Squid
    Michael Moore's anti-Bush documentary "Fahrenheit 9/11" got a prime time airing on Cuban state-run television Thursday.

Red China
    Hezbollah
    Kim Jong Il
    Fidel Castro
    Democratic Party

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, are we going to sit and bash Micheal Moore again because communists like him? Kim Jong Il also likes Daffy Duck, french wine, and lots of other movies. Lets all rag on those too eh?

Be fair now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HairyNevus
    So, are we going to sit and bash Micheal Moore again because communists like him? Kim Jong Il also likes Daffy Duck, french wine, and lots of other movies. Lets all rag on those too eh?

Be fair now.
    Yeah, but Daffy Duck doesn't make long-winded editorials claiming them to be documentaries and then threaten to sue anyone that gives him a bad review

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie
    then threaten to sue anyone that gives him a bad review
    Who'd he threaten to sue?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red China
    Hezbollah
    Kim Jong Il
    Fidel Castro

yes its funny, when we talk about sensorship in our own country ('s) it is maginifed by those mentioned especially as some of those countires, banned the release of GR 2

www.TeamElement.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Be fair now.

oh yes, i agree lets be completely fair and not blow out of proportion any of these events for our own political message or gain.,,,

oh crap wait i think michael moore has something other than that to say.

www.TeamElement.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Be fair now.
    Which political party would you rather be associated with; those who have allies such as Daffy Duck lovin, nuke slingin Pol Pot wannabe Kimmy, or those who swear to defend you from those people and have proven that they will do so at their own political expense?
    New to TG? Start here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold
    Who'd he threaten to sue?
    Anyone who printed that he lied "because it's libel".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fait_Maker
    Anyone who printed that he lied "because it's libel".

Which in no way meant that he didnty lie, but sueing would be publicity for him and nothing but aggrevation for anyone who would write it.

www.TeamElement.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

or those who swear to defend you from those people and have proven that they will do so at their own political expense?
    In other words, the warmongering type that can't negotiate. And I really don't think Bush is doing this at his own expense. Last time I checked it was the taxpayers (aka all of us) were paying for this "war". Maybe I misunderstood it (likely).

I choose the Pol Pot wannabe Kimmy (whatever the hell that is). Also, just becuase Kim Jong Il liked it (and I havem't seen any proof of this) doens't automatically make Moore allies with him. Moore is very much on the peace and human rights side. I dought he'd ally with Kim.

Wolfie, sounds like you just have a personal issue with Micheal. And that gives you every right to pick and choose . Dudeman, could you please specify what events?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In other words, the warmongering type that can't negotiate. And I really don't think Bush is doing this at his own expense. Last time I checked it was the taxpayers (aka all of us) were paying for this "war". Maybe I misunderstood it (likely).

I choose the Pol Pot wannabe Kimmy (whatever the hell that is). Also, just becuase Kim Jong Il liked it (and I havem't seen any proof of this) doens't automatically make Moore allies with him. Moore is very much on the peace and human rights side. I dought he'd ally with Kim.

Wolfie, sounds like you just have a personal issue with Micheal. And that gives you every right to pick and choose . Dudeman, could you please specify what events?

first off by events that was a bad word, i meant the siruations we have here. you see while i think, ok you have a point, and we should be level headed and realise that this is not at all a comment on michael moore. but on the other hand why should we all be level headed and not blow this out of proportion when michael moore himself does this for a living.

he blows situations out of all proportion that if looked at objectivly do not show the message he portrays. in otherwords why be nice to a lying scumbag idiot fiction artist.

www.TeamElement.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There we go. And I suppose your right. But then again, the topics he's making movies on aren't the daily headlines. Hell, they don't even make the marquee at the bottom of CNN. So Moore intentionally blows these things out of porportion to ignite people's awareness of these situations. The problem with that is, he sells lies and half-truths in the process. That in turn makes him easy to be dissmissed and cast aside as a lying jerkass.

The reason why you shouldn't blow it out of porportion is
    1.) If you really hate Micheal Moore, you don't want to stoop to that level
    2.) If you blow this stuff up, people will wind up not trusting both sides and or either choose sides for the wrong reasons or become apathetic in all politics. And we all know that is a problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Republicans are just pissed-off because they will be losing government soon (unless the Bush administration has Kerry assassinated). I guess ol' George could always engineer a plot to have a massive terrorist attack unfold within the States so he could use his "cancellation of an election in the event of a terrorist catastrophe" arguement to hang-on to the presidency. People's thoughts on these issues are becoming so starkly divided (and passionate) that this was nothing but a troll thread from the get go. It's going to be a very interesting few months and I'm sure there will be more people than ever following the lead-up and election.

Anyone claiming that Moore is a "fiction artist" or accusing him of "making a movie full of lies" makes me laugh and only demonstrates idiocy and ignorance.

...he sells lies and half-truths in the process. That in turn makes him easy to be dissmissed and cast aside as a lying jerkass.
    The same could be said about the current President of the U.S. and many other polititians past and present, the Canadian Prime Minister included. Moore has opened up a political ****storm on Bush and his band of reknowned the likes of which has many more people thinking about their politics and getting involved which is great.
    Last edited by DeRanger; 07-31-2004 at 04:14 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And the world might explode and kill everyone and everything, and then no election will be needed! Ha HA! The Republicans win again with their whacko schemes.

DeRanger, what is up with all of these really negative, accusing comments? They don't help anything- if ANYTHING, they cause hostility towards you that I don't think you really care to have. Go grab a glass of wine and kick back. I can't understand where all of that anger comes from, man.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast