Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

resolved: weapon upgrades do not affect turrets

For those of you who don't frequent the bug database, I thought you might find this interesting. And I recommend you read the bug database.... interesting stuff in general.

http://www.natural-selection.org/bt/...bug_id=0000465

Presently, in b4a, arms lab upgrades do not affect sentry turrets. It seems that this will be changing soon:

Quote Originally Posted by Flayra
    Yep, this is a bug. Weapon upgrades should affect turrets, and different sounds should play for them.

turret-1.wav - level 0 (no upgrades)
    turret-2.wav - level 1 upgrades
    turret-3.wav - level 2 upgrades
    turret-4.wav - level 3 upgrades

Of course, if the arms lab gets destroyed and the damage upgrades are lost, turrets should be affected too.
    Quote Originally Posted by voogru
    I went ahead and fixed this.
    Seige cannons are not, and will not be, affected by arms lab upgrades.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: resolved: weapon upgrades do not affect turrets

Finally!!! Turrets can actually be effective in End-Game situations again!

(other than as distractions and obsticles of course)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL I never noticed maybe thhats why i have been finding them less effective as of late.
    RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
    TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
    "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
    "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

true turret farms are too effective right now, they don't really need that boost imho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Turrets are meant to be skulk/gorge/lerk deterrents, not fade/onos deterrents. They aren't supposed to be "good in the end game". I still find the best use for a TF to be either sieging or dropping it in front of a fleeing fade/onos/lerk so they get blocked. Turrets will still be worthless, even with upgraded damage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stupid question - upgraded siege cannon, too?
    Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, seige cannons are not affected by the upgrades now, and the seige cannons will not be affected by the upgrades in the future.

I went ahead and fixed this. Now the question is, should siege turrets also get damage upgrades too?
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrnemesis
    I'm going to say "no." It was never mentioned that they would, and if they did they'd be more sickeningly powerful than they are.
    Agreed. We don't have upgrades sounds for them either, so let's keep sieges not upgrading their damage.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.