Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bush: The missing years

This story is a hoot. It claims that Bush was a James Bond-esque spy in the early 70's. Sometimes it's just too funny:

Bush: The Missing Years

Bush's next cultural target was Andy Warhol, the pop painter, who had been steadily climbing to fame in the '60s and early '70s. In the fall of 1972, Bush took on the persona of Gerhard Braus, a sturdy, pipe-smoking German art dealer specializing in Expressionist painters. He wore tailored suits and an ascot and began attending parties in downtown Manhattan.

Warhol immediately took a shine to Braus, inviting him to nightspots like Max's Kansas City and the Diplomat. He met Factory upstarts like Lou Reed, Holly Woodlawn, and the filmmaker Paul Morrissey. (Bush actually appears, ever so briefly, as a libidinous heroin-addicted pizza-delivery guy in Warhol and Morrissey's film Heat, in a scene that was added at the last minute.)

Bush decided to hold his own art show in November 1972, featuring some of Gerhard Braus's Expressionist collection (which Bush borrowed from the Art Theft Program at the FBI) and also several modern performance-art pieces. Knowing that his fellow Factory members were critical of capitalist culture and businessmen, Bush persuaded a young Nixon White House aide named Dick Cheney to come to New York and help him stage a performance piece.

The piece was called Cash in Darkness. Cheney stood in a darkened room wearing a gray wool suit coat, a white shirt and red tie, light blue boxer shorts, and black socks and garters. As a strobe light flashed, he stared straight ahead and recited the following script:

I AM BUSINESS.

I AM ROUND.

I AM FAT.

I AM BUSINESS.

The FBI believed Bush may have gotten too close to his subjects. They were concerned when Cheney returned to the White House and wore blue-lensed sunglasses to a Defense Department meeting, held up a pen, and said, "It's a machine. It's a machine."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Bush: The missing years

But he's so right. It is a machine!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Bush: The missing years

Anh có Prince Albert lon không, H-hour?

Dick Cheney is so right. You heard it folks!