Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reputation points

I have recieved only a few of these, but think that they are a good tool to measure ourselves by over time. while I think that leaving an anonymous note with any reputation is aggrivating (I like to see who liked my post) I can see where leaving a neg rating would not want to be recognized.

If you do not know how to do this, click on the scale on the post you would like to comment on and leave a comment along with your approval.

as far as I can see, there is no way to see who left these comments unless they sign them, so feel free to add your thoughts, good or bad.

this is a nice feature of the forums that is underused. I hope people start using this feature, just dont go crazy on the negative ones.

what do you guys think? is it worth the time? I for one try to come up with better posts to see if someone will leave a reputaion point. thoughts?
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
    The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Reputation points

I think it's a great idea. I understand that a rep. threshold can be set such that folks have to keep things civil in the sandbox or risk losing privilages in that forum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have mixed feelings about it.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you're into being judged by other people, it's very accomodating.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyzcrak
    If you're into being judged by other people, it's very accomodating.

Exactly..being judged by a jury of your peers is the American way

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just wish when people did post rep, they'd at least leave a comment as to what they liked or didn't like... I got hit negatively on a post that I can't see anything wrong with and the comment is blank! I know I've posted more risque stuff than that post, since it was an observation that couldn't even border on impolite. Makes me think that someone just wanted to leave a negative post and picked one of many.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's an imperfect system, to be sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My 31st post got me some respect. Haven't seen much since. When I first joined I didn't know what it was so I gave it out randomly. If you have some for a post that wasn't necesarily good in a thread I posted in...probably me ;P. And now when I try it says I need to spread it around before going back. Though imperfect, the system works....kinda.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The issue I have with it is that it doesn't state why you got a negative rep point. I got one because I made a comment about Daffy Duck or something like that. Just because somebody has a sick love affair with ducks should not warrant a bad reputation for someone that said something about Daffy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie
    The issue I have with it is that it doesn't state why you got a negative rep point. I got one because I made a comment about Daffy Duck or something like that. Just because somebody has a sick love affair with ducks should not warrant a bad reputation for someone that said something about Daffy.
    OMG negative rep for that post.
    I loves mah ducks. :P

NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You lot aren't worthy to give me rep points.

LOL
    Jex.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I love about the reputation points is that someone can just anonymously bash you rather than make a persuasive arguement. I can just imagine someone sitting at their PC and triumphantly saying "From my keyboard, I stab at thee!" A person decided they didn't like my thoughts in the Evo vs Creat thread and said that I was:
    disrespectful, sarcastic, unconstructive, arrogant.
    I take serious offense that they left out: meglomaniacal. I've worked hard to earn that, and I was robbed of it even being mentioned.

Honestly, the thought never even occurs to me to report either bad or good rep. If I like or dislike someone's post, I'm more than happy to "tell them to their face" (metaphorically speaking).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheFeniX
    What I love about the reputation points is that someone can just anonymously bash you rather than make a persuasive arguement.
    Well, in the grand scheme of TG forums rep, a couple of anonymous cowards here and there aren't going to really effect your reputation. As I understand it, a moderator/admin's vote is worth ten times as many rep points as a regular member. And I think that the more rep points that somebody has, the more points their rep votes are worth.

I think that if TG put a reputation point threshold on the Sandbox and people realized that the rep points were actually worth something that we'd see a more judicious use of those votes...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheFeniX
    I take serious offense that they left out: meglomaniacal. I've worked hard to earn that, and I was robbed of it even being mentioned.
    Oh man, that had me laughing... nice one.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As if I need more reasons to take zero value from this idea, I was thirty minutes ago anonymously (and without comment) given a negative reputation mark for the following post, which was authored almost two months ago:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/showpos...15&postcount=1

So now my reputation is lower because I do my best to get servers back online when they unexceptedly fail. Fantastic!
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast