User Tag List

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink Q. about your group/plan/membership

Just wondering...

I've joined your team speak comms a number of times, but never really see more then 3 or 4 people there...usually no one is there.

I tried to join your AA server a couple of times, no one is ever in there, and it's passworded anyway.

I tried to join joint ops server today a number of times, no one is there and passworded also.

So... what games are you guys playing?
    and when do you normally play?

I see there is ALOT of members in this group, how many of them actually play games?

I understand the monthly fee, for all the servers, web site, forums, ect ect...

but how can someone decide if they want to join your group when the "waters" can't be tested? Is there a way to pay for just ONE month, test out the game play and teamwork... then decided to stay or go.

I'm not be argumentive or counterdictive...just wondering how this gaming group works/runs.

Paying is not the problem, but frankly, i don't want to give up account info untill I know who and what I'm dealing with.
    Hope you understand what I'm saying, without taking offense.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Q. about your group/plan/membership

Magnum, no one here will take offense at your questions, which are plainly and respectfully stated. Thank you for taking the time to inquire.

Though I am planning on playing AA in the foreseeable future, I can't presently speak for any other game than Natural Selection, for which I am the Game Officer here at TG, and which continues to enjoy a healthy participation on our public server from both public players and supporting TG members alike.

The game's average public player (elsewhere on the net) is younger and less mature than our average supporting member, so it's understandable that our server serves as a haven for many who enjoy NS and need somewhere to play the game with people who appreciate respect and teamwork. For more information about the game (which is a Half-Life mod), you can visit the game's website at http://www.natural-selection.org or come to our NS forums here at TG and ask questions.

Our Natural Selection server has 14 player slots, to which our supporting members have reserved access, and each of which is usually occupied during peak playing times in the evening. That's when a supporting membership comes in handy, as you can join a full server and instantly get in on the action.

A 7v7 team-based hybrid of first person shooter action and real-time strategy decision making, no offering at TG demands and rewards teamplay at a gameplay pace as fast as our Natural Selection server. It's not for everyone, but those who play it regularly rarely leave it. It sucks you in and doesn't let go.

Good luck finding a game you enjoy.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe the JO server has only one side passworded so we TG players can be on the same side. You'll find that the password for games is usually 'TG' or 'tg'. It's not supposed to be secret and should be easily found in the forums. I'm not sure why the password hasn't been posted in the forums. Some other games will be the same. Although, a private password may be issued for special events so keep that in mind if you can't get on a server.

You don't have to pay to play here. It never has been about that. It's always been pay to support the community. Keep trying to catch a game. There's nothing wrong with trying to play a few games and get to know some players before subscribing. It may be tough right now with the beautiful summer days and nights plus the Olympics. I know I haven't been playing much because of the Olympics.
    JO Guides & Tutorials
    Team Element - It's who you game with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, Magnum!

It's all about what time you come by. We are usually on TS after 8pm EDT, and the most active games in the last month or so have been Joint Ops, America's Army, Natural Selection and Ghost Recon. We were on last night for an extended period of time playing all 4 of those games. Try and come by tonight- we will definitely be here!

We average about 15 people on TS for any given night, give or take.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that just may be the problem why i never see anyone, lol...

I'm in K9 school so train from 3 pm till 1 am (eastern) Tues through Fri.

So 'll have to hook up on my weekend (Fri through Mon) or during the day.

thx for the replies...I will eventually find you guys, lol.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most folks here work all day, and play at night. We will hook up, I swear!