Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does FPS affect weapon RoF?

Quote Originally Posted by voogru
    I highly doubt this.
    This will be an interesting one to monitor:

http://www.natural-selection.org/bt/...bug_id=0000842
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Does FPS affect weapon RoF?

CS is like.. the lower your fps, the higher your recoil, the higher the fps, the lower the recoil.

There is probably something related to fps, as has been in the past (building)

I think it slightly is

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But now the question is: Do you want your ammo to last longer or shoot it all really fast?

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HairyNevus
    But now the question is: Do you want your ammo to last longer or shoot it all really fast?
    There is no value to having ammo in your gun if you do not plan on firing it. There is no value in firing your gun if you do not plan on hitting something. If you're hitting something, you want to hit it with as much force as you can as fast as you can.

The answer is: you want to shoot it all really fast.

I suppose that a slower RoF would allow you longer to adjust your aim, though.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought this was addressed when 2.0 came out??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyzcrak
    The answer is: you want to shoot it all really fast.

I suppose that a slower RoF would allow you longer to adjust your aim, though.
    And I suppose that intentionally modifiying your FPS to go better with your aim is lame and illegal. Sort of like the rates thing.

Emanon

Voogru says this is a result of client side prediction.

Easy way to check this:

Disable the prediction on the server and then test it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This bug post originally came from an argument in #nspug over how long it should take to kill a fade with a HMG. One person said 6, I said 3. After we realized our times were off a lot, we tested it in a server and a LAN server. Sure enough the times varied based on FPS, and civ posted it shortly afterwards. Client side prediction is always inaccurate because it's impossible for the client to accurately guess at when something should or shouldn't happen, since ping times are dynamic as they are and vary so much from person to person, and from moment to moment. NS really seems to have issues in terms of prediction, and I hope that this brings some of those issues to the forefront. The lag between a shot being fired on your client and the response time of seeing the bullet land are so great that it's no wonder we have "hitbox" issues, which in reality aren't hitbox issues at all. For example get a skulk to stand still and fire at him with the lmg. You can actually stop firing, wait about half a second or more, and the skulk will die. Most of the time marines are still firing when the skulk is already dead, wasting quite a bit of ammo. You may fire 20 shots at a sitting skulk nearly point blank, when only 9 are needed. Try this out sometime. Other mods don't have as severe a problem as NS appears to have with client side prediction, and I have the feeling that the huge amount of CPU power required is one of the reasons for this sub-par performance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hrm. good explanation. does ping also affect this hitbox issue? i only go on servers with 100 ping or less and ns usually runs at 30-45 for me. im a pretty good shot on cs, but sometimes it seems unusually hard to kill a skulk. do i need start aimin ahead a lil bit?
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Physics exploits are what make the world go round :)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 4mn3s14
    hrm. good explanation. does ping also affect this hitbox issue? i only go on servers with 100 ping or less and ns usually runs at 30-45 for me. im a pretty good shot on cs, but sometimes it seems unusually hard to kill a skulk. do i need start aimin ahead a lil bit?
    You need to aim slightly above the skulk - more probably.
    Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.