Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Player limit raised to 30?

Is this a display error of some kind or has the player limit been raised on the server?

http://s93152465.onlinehome.us/tglimit.jpg

Chances are something has gone wrong, but in case it has actually been changed I would vote against the change.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Player limit raised to 30?

The slot limit on NS maps will remain at 14. If you join the server and change the map to an NS map, you'll notice (using a server browser) that the slot limit becomes 14.

I'm experimenting with the feasibility of raising the slot limit on CO maps only. It's unlikely that the server will often fill up on CO maps with this change, but it allows members to fight great quantities of AI (which has now been upgraded) when the server is completely empty, which is more entertaining than sitting in an empty server. If the server does exceed 14 of the 30 slots on a CO map, some will get to stay for NS and some will not, with the same slot reservation accomodations taking effect as do anytime a player joins a full server.

I've always seen CO as little more than a way to populate the map for NS.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried adding bots before when I was solo on the server. It would only let me add one to make a 1 to 1 team ratio.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This behavior was common when people used:

say /wb add

to add bots. You should use, from the console:

wbmgr add

Also, I've found a bug that occurs when you use the up arrow in the Steam console to issue the command repeatedly: Steam places a space after the word "add", which throws off the wbmgr command. I'll fix this eventually, but, in the meantime, make sure that the argument you send to wbmgr isn't followed by a space.

If you WERE using wbmgr when the failure to add several bots occured, and you DON'T think it's due to the bug I just described, let me know.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to say that playing against 25 bots makes it a hell of a lot more fun and challenging.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think advertising ourselves as a 30 player combat server is going to attract the ideal type of players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bots were eating the server's lunch *and* dinner tonight on kestrel after you left wyz. Had 14 bots on (and I know kest is a bad map as is) and they all acted as though they had cl_updaterates of 2.

But the knifey knife with Yellow was much fun.
    Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stupid
    Bots were eating the server's lunch *and* dinner tonight on kestrel after you left wyz. Had 14 bots on (and I know kest is a bad map as is) and they all acted as though they had cl_updaterates of 2.

But the knifey knife with Yellow was much fun.
    As was GLing the skulks that herded around the knifers.

NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there a way for us to hide those 30 slots, and the bots occupying them, from the server browser? Sort of like we hide our 15th slot.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We can control how many slots appear to be available on the server, but we cannot change the broadcast number of players on the server, regardless be they bots or humans. This is why, even though the server is set to "+maxplayers 32", the server is able to appear as having only 30 slots. This is also why, when the server is full, a joining player will cause the server to briefly appear to have more players than the max slots (ie: 15/14, 31/30).