Thank you for your time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Raven shield refresh rates cant change

[Engine.R6GameOptions]

ShowRefreshRates=False

By default, Unreal Engine selects the lowest refresh rate (60 Hz). That's where the 60fps limit comes from. Edit to True to enable the refresh rate selection. Next time you'll enter the Graphics Options, you'll see the different refresh rates supported by your video card beside the resolution.

UseVSync=True

VSync is the synchronization of your graphics card and monitors' abilities to redraw the screen a number of times each second. When set to False, your fps will improve slightly, however, you may see some image "tearing", in which case switch to True if you don't like the results.

from here - http://www.tacticalgamer.com/showthread.php?t=5666

That's all I can offer right now but I'll have a look in the forums and see if I can find anything.
    Last edited by jex; 08-23-2004 at 05:25 PM.
    Jex.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Be sure to set your video card drivers to VSync disabled. That might be overriding the game settings.
    JO Guides & Tutorials
    Team Element - It's who you game with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OOh try this?

Hi, I don't have any technical bother with VC but I do offer a solution to the refresh rate problem. (WHICH APPLYS TO MOST OTHER GAMES)

For those who are not aware WinXP/2000 resets the refresh rate to as low as 60Hz in many if not all 3D DirectX and OpenGL games meaning that FPS is capped at 60 (with some monitors screen misalignment too if desktop refresh is higher and also sore eyes due to low refresh ).

I've had this problem with many games including Raven Shield but Raven Shield was really the only game (with tweaking) I could select the refresh rate in game along with my resolution ([email protected])

Override Refresh Rate option in Nvidia and ATI control centres are NOT EFFECTIVE but the only solution is to go into the DirectX control panel.

In the RUN dialog box type 'dxdiag.exe'. This is the DirectX Diagnostic tool.
    Click on the 'More Help' tab. Then click on the 'Override' button relating to refresh rates and select a higher refresh rate that you know your monitor can handle. Note that higher refresh rates do not work with ultra high resolutions. Usually your monitor manual will have the spec. (choose 85 or 75 to be on the safe side)

If you don't know what your desktop refresh rate is or ingame refresh rate go into your monitor menu while ingame (to find out the refresh rate ingame) or at the desktop (to find out what your desktop refresh rate is) should tell you refresh rate that the game is running at. Note that VF (Vertical Refresh) is the figure concerned.

Sorry for the long post
    Hope this helps!
    Thanks go to LongJohn over at http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=141062
    Jex.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys thanks for your replys,

I tryed what yous suggested but i still dont see the refresh rate next to the video resolution ingame options.

Im useing Windows XP,
    Could it have something todo with that i have a plug & play monitor ?
    i bought the new monitor 3 months ago and i didnt get no drivers with it.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated
    Thank you for your time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The settings in your first post are correct. With the changes to the DirectX refresh rate override, and disabling VSync in the drivers should do the trick. If it isn't showing the refresh rates next to the resolution then it should at least force the refresh rate to be whatever you chose in the DirectX override.
    JO Guides & Tutorials
    Team Element - It's who you game with.