Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheating-Death 5.x changes

Cheating-Death 5.x is nowhere near release, but it is in development, and it's interesting to read what's coming down the pipeline:

Here's just a snippet:

# C-D 5.x includes screenshot functionality. This allows operators to pick up undetected / unblocked wallhack/screen based cheats by inspecting screenshots returned from client.
    # C-D 5.x is also game independant. We can support ANY game we choose with upcoming 5.x.
    # C-D 5.x has fast-cheat updates. Cheat detections/blocks can be updated every 5 minutes if needed. Detections are updated while you play, so even if you're not caught at the start of gaming session, you might get busted in the middle of it
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Cheating-Death 5.x changes

Ok. I'm making my servers into CD required.

I LOVE the idea of the screenshot function!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Crud, don't take any screenshots of my screen please. It's...umm....violating my rights.... ya.

Good function additions, my favorite cs server back in the day had the ability to take screenshots (probably some anti cheat tool capability also). As you can imagine very effective and useful since cs was full of cheaters heh. I don't think ns has it that bad in terms of cheaters, although I could be wrong.

High five to the developers, all the more reason to see cheating death online in more servers.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You think NS is bad in cheaters?? One day in CS i banned 16 friggin people within a 10hr period!!!!

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Were I a CS admin, I would turn off VAC and enable CDREQ in a heartbeat. We treat CD as a personality filter as much as we do an honesty filter, and the only reason we ever have to go CDOPT (short of temporary technical glitches caused when Steam updates) is because NS has so few players (relative to CS). With CS, there would be plenty of players. If they don't want to load CD, they can play elsewhere.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.