Storyline:

Badguy:

Goodguy(s):

Overall:
    I'd throw away everything I've written you
    anything... just keep me mind off it
    thinking how I had you once
    no, I can't forget that

...sometimes i wish i could lose you again...

Jimmy Eat World - Your House

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Best RPG (whatever) of all time.

Graphics:
    Final Fantasy X... Really nice graphics, too bad the voices dont match the mouths

Gameplay:
    This is a tough one. I have no idea.

Storyline:
    Final Fantasy 6(3). When i play this game, I seriously get chills in my spine at parts of the game. Very, very well done story.

Badguy:
    Final Fantasy 6(3). Kefka was the epitome of a perfect badguy. The best aspect of him is the fact that you fight him all the way through the game, as opposed to one final boss battle (Diablo, Sephiroth, etc.)

Goodguy(s):
    I dont know why I even made all these subjects for myself, because I again go with Final Fantasy 6(3). Celes, Terra, Edgar, Locke, Sabin, Cyan, Shadow, Gau, Mog... All amazing and dynamic characters.

Overall:
    Bet you didnt see it coming. Final Fantasy 3(6)
    no, I can't forget that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Graphics would have to be the original final fantasy.
    Gameplay and would be fallout 2, and story final fantasy 7. Sephiroth was a badass. In most actuall RPGs the goodguy is what you make him/her. Final Fantasy is sort of RPG-lite.
    Overall, I'm going to go with Fallout 2.
    "America doesn't need a President, it needs a makeover!"
    -Christopher Lowell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would have to put in my vote for Baulders Gate 2... gripping storyline, a plythoria of evil people, and the ability to piss people off in dialogue. For its time the graphics are still top notch.
    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job. - Douglas Adams

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My friend really liked Marrowind: Elder Scrolls 3.

But he has more fun stealing pillows and making towers with them than he does playing, i think.
    no, I can't forget that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pillows > All

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Graphics: Morrowind. Gotta give a second here, best graphics in a RPG. And its a good rpg too... But Ill give runner up prizes to Wizardry 8.

Game-play: Hmmm... I'd like to give this one to Fallout2 but the annoying interface is going to have to push my vote over to Baldurs Gate 2. It was always fun to play, right through to the end.

Storyline: Here I'd like to go with either Fallout2 or Baldurs gate2, but really if you think about it both those stories have been done before (although not in a RPG in Fallouts case AFAIK anyway). The nod here goes to Planescape Torment hands down. Hell, that game played like a novel. A good novel.

I'm sorry Psi_RedEye22 but... Diablo!?!?!?!? That game had a story?

Badguy: Here I am trying to think of my favorite baddie, but really my favorite bad guy was always the one I decided to play. So I'm going to go with my Morrowind character that would invade your house, murder you, steal all your valuables, throw all you crappy furniture on the back steps and move right in, displaying the axe he hacked you up with on your mantle.

Goodguy(s): Though I rarely play one... Again the character I decide to play.

Overall: Although I didn't give it any other top picks, I'm gonna have to go with Fallout 2 here. That game just had it all in the right amounts. cool story, great style and atmosphere, humor, gameplay, flexibility etc...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eternal
    Gameplay:
    Neverwinter Nights by a landslide. The things you can do with such a simple interface are amazing. It is a very user friendly game and easy to play.
    Oh yeah, being able to set up a key to take off your clothes is way too cool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    zelda
    4 and 3 and 2 and 1 when im on the mic the suckas run.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mat has a point....

And I would have voted higher for NWN but "we" never play... turn on the damned server and lets beat some goblins and trolls until they are nothing but bloody pools on the ground.
    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job. - Douglas Adams

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Graphics: Chrono Trigger. For its time it was the most phenomal I'd ever seen, I can still boot that game up and I will stare in awe at the artwork in that game.

Gameplay: To difficult to say...Front Mission was good...just about any final fantasy...I liked Suikoden III(my only of that series tho) and Xenosaga's is pretty spiffy. To hard for me to decide on one...Oh wait, EverQuest* because it wass god damned addicting. Or wait wait Secret of Mana**!! Damnit!! I cant decide..OGRE BATTLE ***!!...but...damnit!! ****Final Fantasy 2(4)!! I cant believe I forgot it!! AGGH!!

Storyline: Damn...umm...Final Fantasy 3(6) and Chrono Trigger...those come to mind the strongest...this is hard for me because I like a lot of my RPGs. *Oh and FF2(4) That was pretty good too, that whole moon thing.

Badguy: Kefka from FF3 was pretty evil...not just bad...but totally evil. Yea Kefka wins hands down on this one. Oh and Atma Weapon from FF3 as well, but only because he looked bad ass...not because he was one, he wasnt, but he looked VERY Cool.

Goodguy(s): Cast of Final Fantasy 3, Cast of Chrono Trigger, Cast of Final Fantasy 2(Except that Bard guy, he was a fairy), My main character squad from Ogre Battle, the Hero from Breath of Fire 1 & 2...are they same? I forget...Captain Giddu(?) from Suikdoen III, My EQ and NWN characters...and umm...anybody else who's cool but I cant remember right now :P

(sorry)Crappiest Goodguys: Almost everybody from the FF7-10 saga, barring Vincent, RedXIII, Vinny, Auron, and Kumari(?)...that big blue thing. Sorry anybody, but I just hated those games...although 9 was a refreshing reminder of the better days.

Overall: Chrono Trigger. Without a doubt the greatest conceived, designed, and executed RPG I've ever played, some games may excell over it in specific areas, but none have ever come close to its greatness*
    *: Excepting being FF3, which is an extremely close 2nd.

*'s: Ideas I thought of later on while writing the post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eternal
    We have too many nintendo guys voting!
    Sheesh, You can say that again. I'm not sure most of these even qualify as "role playing" games... :-P I always thought of the console "RPGs" as more like "fantasy" games or something. Usually you are confined to a very limited track to completion and the levels basicly amount to power-ups... A mddling distinction I'll admit, but still, I likes my pc RPGs. :-D

Definetly the original Zelda. I still have a perfectly woking Nintendo I rebuilt and a copy of Zelda that once a year (or twice) I play it and beat it. I can win the game with one maybe two lives in a few hours

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well to me an RPG involves running around and killing stuff to gain experience so I can get stronger and then proceed to kill other stuff. Console's just put that all into a nice little package.
    Filled with Awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm the original Zelda WAS a great game.

I liked the SNES Zelda quite a bit as well.
    no, I can't forget that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast